About this guidance
This Home Office guidance [download PDF here] explains the different types of witness statements you might take and how to write them.
The guidance includes:
- general information on the different types of witness statements
- legislation relating to witness statements
- writing a witness statement for a witness, or as an officer
- taking a witness statement in or outside the UK
- witness statements using an interpreter
- property and exhibits in a witness statement
- victim personal statements
- points you must include and things to avoid in a statement
- identification and recognition statements
Download a witness statement template HERE.